Why Kenya’s Coffee is the Best in the World
- Kenya is the origin of nature’s finest coffee containing more than 800 different aromatic compounds
- Kenya’s Arabica coffee is grown on well drained volcanic soils mostly around the snowcapped Mt. Kenya, Aberdare ranges, Mt. Elgon, the lowlands of Ukambani and the Kisii highlands
- The coffee is handpicked and sorted to carefully select just the red ripe cherries
- 90% of all Kenyan coffee is processed using the wet processing method and dried under the tropical sun so as to retain its natural taste and aroma
- It is described as full bodied, with fruity floral tastes and deep aromatic overtones
- The care that is taken during handpicking and processing contributes to the undisputed high quality and uniqueness of the coffee which is sought for throughout the world
- It is thus no surprise that Kenya coffee gives such a deeply satisfying experience
The question has always been why our farmers are very poorly paid despite producing the best coffee in the world.
This can change by supporting our farmers through business partnerships with distributors, retailers and consumers.